Apple against Adobe Flash. Those who criticize Apple for leaving out Flash in its mobile devices should read Steve Jobs’ thoughts on flash.
In summary, the Apple CEO claims that Flash is a problem for six important reasons:
– Flash is not really open, it’s 100% proprietary
– Adobe’s claim that Apple is missing 75% of full web experience is not true: more modern format is available
– Flash is buggy: it has security, reliability and performance issues
– Flash encoding and decoding drains battery life compared to H.264
– Flash is not optimized for “touch” experience
– Flash is cross-platform and such third party layer will subject Apple to the lowest denominator set of features